My new year’s resolution for 2015: build at least one complete playable concertina from scratch.
Note: I didn’t mention the adjectives good or saleable, although it would be nice if I achieved those too. This may not seem very ambitious, however tied up in this task is:
- Finish my part in the house renovation that I’m currently involved with and move back to Burnley.
- Set up a usable workshop space in the garden shed and part of a leaky garage that is currently full of junk (I’d also like to be able to store my car in it).
- Make and sell things to raise funds to buy more concertina-making tools and materials.
- Design and make a lot of specialist tools and jigs.
- Design the concertina.
- Teach myself many new skills.
- Make lots of mistakes and learn from them.
- Blog about the entire process.