- https://www.instagram.com/alexholdendotnet/ – My Instagram feed. I’ve recently started posting pictures of things I’m working on here.
- http://alex-holden.livejournal.com/ – My old personal blog. The back archive contains a lot of old non-concertina-related projects, though I rarely post to it these days.
- http://www.alexholden.net/ – My (extremely out of date) personal website.
Other Maker’s Blogs
- http://www.robin-wood.co.uk/ – Robin Wood is a great woodworker, writer, and proponent of traditional craft skills.
- https://thedutchluthier.wordpress.com/ – Jan van Cappelle is a Dutch maker of historical lutes and guitars, and also writes entertainingly about history, making and philosophy.
- https://paulsellers.com/woodworking-blog/paul-sellers-blog/ – Paul Sellers is a traditional furniture maker, teacher, and proponent of hand-tool woodworking.
Other Concertina Makers
There are too many to list, but here are a few people who have particularly helped me out with advice and instructions. Geoffrey Crabb also deserves a place on the list but as far as I know he doesn’t have a website.
- http://concertina.com.au/ – Chris Ghent is a concertina maker in Wentworth Falls, New South Wales.
- http://www.kensingtonconcertinas.com/ – Dana Johnson is a concertina maker in Kensington, Maryland.
- http://hmi.homewood.net/ – Bob Tedrow is a concertina maker in Homewood, Alabama.
I listen to a wide range of different podcasts while I work. Here are a few that I think may be interesting/relevant to readers of this blog.
- http://www.folkcast.co.uk/ – FolkCast is a monthly folk music podcast. I particularly enjoy the Story Behind the Song feature.
- http://www.mikehardingfolkshow.com/ – The Mike Harding Folk Show by the banjo playing leg-end himself.
- http://www.podcastformakers.com/ – MakerCast by Jon Berard features weekly interviews with makers.
- http://makingitpodcast.com/ – Making It is a weekly discussion show with makers Jimmy Diresta, Bob Clagett and David Picciuto.
- http://theengineeringcommons.com/ – The Engineering Commons is a bi-weekly discussion show about engineering.
- http://www.woodtalkshow.com/ – Wood Talk is a weekly discussion show about fine woodworking.
- http://www.finewoodworking.com/blog/shop-talk-live – Shop Talk Live is a bi-weekly discussion show about fine woodworking.